Effective date: June 28, 2021
We gather various types of Personal Data from our visitors, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Data to contact you, to market our Services, to fulfill your requests for certain Services, and to analyze how you use the Site. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Data with third parties, but only as described below.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
What information does Coast collect?
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we may collect Personal Data including but not limited to your name, email address, company fleet size, company revenue and company industry if you enter this information on our site, sign up for early access to the Services, sign up for our newsletter, or request to receive information from us. You can always opt not to disclose information to Coast, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of Coast’s features.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you emails on behalf of Coast, or email you about your use of the Site. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more relevant and improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by using the “unsubscribe” mechanisms provided in all emails.
Information Collected Automatically
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Site. We may, for example, use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) that is based on “cookie” technology, to analyze how you interact and engage with the Site so we can learn and make enhancements to offer you a better experience. On behalf of Coast, Google will use the generated information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with additional services connected with website and Internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not collated with other data by Google. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use LinkedIn Insights Tag to retarget our Site visitors and learn insights about your interactions with our LinkedIn advertisements. You can learn about LinkedIn’s privacy practices at www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, and you can opt out of LinkedIn Insights Tag at www.linkedin.com/psettings/.
Coast’s Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
- Providing, Customizing and Improving the Services
- Providing you with the Services or information you request.
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
- Personalizing the Site content and communications based on your preferences.
- Learning more about our potential customers, including industry, size of fleet, type of business.
- Marketing the Services
- Marketing and selling Coast’s Services.
- Corresponding with You
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Coast or Coast’s Services.
- Providing you with assistance through our customer support features.
- Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you.
- Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, Coast or another party.
- Enforcing any agreements with you.
- Resolving disputes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Will Coast share any of the Personal Data it receives?
We work with services providers and other parties, including Google and LinkedIn Corporation, to help us offer, customize and market the Site and Services for you. We disclose your Personal Data to the categories of service providers and other parties listed in this section.
- Service Providers. These parties help Coast perform business functions on Coast’s behalf. They include:
- Hosting, technology and communication providers.
- Support and customer service vendors.
- Advertising Partners. These parties help us market Coast’s Services and provide you with other offers that may be of interest to you. They include:
- Ad networks.
- Marketing providers.
- Sales consultants and vendors.
- Analytics Partners. These parties provide analytics on web traffic or usage of the Site. They include:
- Companies that track how users found or were referred to the Site.
- Companies that track how users interact with the Site.
- Parties You Authorize, Access or Authenticate.
- Third parties you access through the Site or Coast’s Services.
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the section above entitled “Coast’s Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data”.
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
Data that is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. Such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data is not Personal Data and we may use it and share it with third parties for Coast’s lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Site and promote Coast’s business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
Data Security and Retention
Although we endeavor to protect the privacy and security of your Personal Data we hold in Coast’s records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the internet or storing data is completely secure and we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide you with access to the Site and Coast’s Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.